CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Jeep VS. Mr. Elk

Oh boy, what a fun night we had. We were on our way to Idaho for my cousin's wedding last weekend, which was beautiful by the way, when we were graced with the pleasure of seeing an elk with huge antlers standing in the middle of the road. We slowed down and watched until it finally decided to move off the road so we could continue on with our travels. Then about 2 miles later it happened. He was obviously on a mission, his mind somewhere else, because he didn't even see us coming (and it was dark so we didn't really see him coming either). He rammed right into the side of our car! Scared the living daylights out of me! I saw him coming our way about 2 seconds before the collision. I think I was about one heartbeat away from a heart attack! Luckily the only living thing that was hurt was Mr. Elk. The rest of us were fine, but the Jeep.....well Mr. Elk did a pretty good number on it. After the shock wore off and we check out all the damages - dented the hood and front part of the car including the bumper, smashed the back door in were Boston sits, the passenger door wont open, and we have lots of beautifully peeling paint, but of course I have pictures so you can see the damage for yourself - I made Lance drive back so I could check out the road kill. At first I don't think he thought I was serious when I told him to turn around so I could get a picture of Mr. Elk and see if he was still alive. But being the good husband that he is he did what I asked. Thanks for humoring me Lance! Sadly Mr. Elk didn't make it through the collision. Poor Mr. Elk
(Seriously?! If we were going to hit an elk we couldn't have hit the one with the huge antlers!? Sheesh.....)

The damages:


6 comments:

Harrington

Oh my goodness! What a great story though. We hit a deer coming back to school after we were first married. The deer didn't leave a scratch on our car though. I am sorry you had to hit such a big elk. At least no one got hurt. I think it is hilarious you went back to get a picture of the elk.

Anika

Kylee!! This is soooooo crazy. I woulda had a half-heart attack, too. I'm so glad you are all ok.

Unknown

That elk obviously had a death wish!? I can't believe it just rammed into the side of your car...and I can't believe that killed it?? I definitely would have had a heart attack!!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family

Crazy! I'm glad you didn't hit it the first time. And I am glad none of you were hurt but the elk (and the jeep).

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn

That is crazy! Glad you guys are okay!

Nicolette

Sheesh! It's like some zombie elk, coming to get you...creepy!