Boston Lance Clark
July 11, 2008
Born at 1:23 pm
8 lbs. 19 3/4 inches long
July 11, 2008
Born at 1:23 pm
8 lbs. 19 3/4 inches long
Me right before I we headed off to the hospital. (It's a bad picture and doesn't show how big I really looked very well, but I was in the middle of a contraction in the picture and just wanted to get to the hospital) I had started getting inconsistent contraction around 8:00 am, but I didn't really think much of it. Then around 9:30 they started to get consistent and they jumped from being about 7 minutes apart to 3 minutes apart in a matter of minutes. So I finished getting really (I know, I just should have left at that point) and we headed to the hospital, which is about a 20 minute ride from our house. In the car my contraction got to be able 1 minute apart (Lance says that they were less than that) and I was dying! Of pain obviously, not for real. Anyway, we got to the hospital, they got me a wheelchair and wheeled me up to the maternity ward. They got me all set up and checked me to see how far I was ... I was an 8! The nurse said I could be more but she wasn't about to push anymore because she didn't want to break my water. Then she asked if I wanted an epidural. I think I said yes before she ever even got the question all the way out. She told me that they would try, but that I was pretty far along and moving fast so they would try to hurry through everything so I could get one, but there was no guarantee. This is the point that I really started to flip out! I NEEDED an epidural!! Anyway, we got all the papers signed and filled out and they wheeled me off to a delivery room and who happened to be just standing out in the hall at that very moment but the anesthesiologist!! HURRAY!! Someone does love me! So he was able to come right in and give me one! A little while later the doctor came in and broke my water and 4 contractions later I had Boston! What a night and day difference there was between this delivery and my last one! I was in the hospital for about 2 1/2 hours with Boston before I had him. With Brynlee I was in the hospital for 14 hours and pushed for a whopping 3 hours before she decided to grace us with her presence.
Boston right after he was all cleaned up
The proud daddy

Grandma Chris & Boston



She wanted to hold him all by herself. She was so proud of herself!






27 comments:
OMIGOSH! What an exciting post! Congratulations! Brad and I were just in FL visiting Zac and Nicolette and they kept "wondering out loud" if you'd had your little one yet. He is adorable!!!! I can't believe you all are a family of FOUR now! :) Whoo Hoo! Can't wait to meet him!
P.S. Honestly,...who looks that good after giving birth?! Come on Kylee,...you are making the rest of us look horrible!
Congrats Kylee. I can't believe how adorable you look...great hair! Boston is soo cute, I am coming over to see that cutie.
Oh wow, he is so cute!! And I love the name! Congrats! I'm so happy this delivery went so much easier for you! Can't wait to see upcoming pics of him.
Thank you for being sooooo quick to post these pics on your blog!!! I have been dying to see the pictures of my new little nephew!!!!! What a cute family!! We are sooooo glad that everything and everyone is doing great-- We love you guys and can't wait to see you all---
I heard on Friday from my cuz Katie that you had had the little guy and I've been dying to see pictures and find out what you named him ever since! He is SO cute and what a fun name.:) And gosh, how cute are you at the hospital?! You always look so great...it's just not fair! :) And I'm so glad you got an epidural and that you were only there for 2.5 hours instead of 14!? Phew!! :)
KYLEE - He is GORGEOUS!! Thanks for posting.....I've been thinking about you all week! I'm glad all went well and that he is here. Tell that beautiful Mom of yours hello! Congrats! Love ya!
What a great name!!! I love it! You look great for having just had a baby! But even in your pregnant pictures, you just looked like you stuck a volleyball under your shirt! Congratulations....he really is adorable!
Congrats you guys! Hope all is going well.
YEAH!!! Hey--email me your address so I can send Boston a little something:)
Well...you've definately got yourself another "mini Lance!" :-) Despite that, he's adorable! HA HA Congrats. Can't wait to see him! We'll come by later this week and give him lots of hugs!! BTW- cute hair!
Congratulations! I found your Blog from Andy And Mandy's. Take Care. Dave Clark
Boston. What a fun name! I'm glad everything went well. Congrats and can't wait to see more pictures. Oh, you look great. I agree with shelley, you make the rest of us look horrible! :)
Hi Kylee! Just wanted to say congrats on the new little one! He is a doll! How fun! :-)
ok NOT FAIR! How did you pull off looking flawless before and AFTER the birth of that beautiful little boy?!!! I love labor stories, I cant blieve you made it to an 8 and even more so that you were able to get an epidural. I would freak out too! Glad all went well :)
Love the new background! Love the pictures as well. He is as cute as I remember. I need to come hold him again. I think he misses me. Call me if you are going crazy!
Your whole family looks so happy and Boston is so cute. Brylee looks really excited to have the baby around, and I like everybody else will say, Goodness you look good after just having a baby. Congrats again.
Yeah!! Congratulations - glad everything went so well. He's perfect! Looks like Brynlee is gonna be a great helper too. Wish i could come by and visit.
I love his name!!! I'm glad everything went well for you! What a great addition to your family!
seriously who looks that good right after giving birth? It sounds like you had it so easy you should have 20 kids! I hope my second goes as well as yours! Congrats he is so cute!
Congrats on the new addition!! He is so cute and it looks like Brynlee is enjoying him!:) Thankfully you got your epidural. They really are a life-saver. That happened to me w/ Kaybree, but the anesthesiologist was busy, so he didn't make it in time. Anyway, congats again. He's a cutie!!
Congratulations! I have been wondering if you had him so I'm glad to hear the news and that everything seemed to go pretty well. Like everyone else said, how did you manage to look like you had just gotten ready for the day right after giving birth? When will you be back this way? I'm excited to see you guys and your new little Boston.
Boston is a doll!!!! Congrats! Kara and I were just commenting on how stinking cute you looked in the hospital...no fair! We love you guys and miss you!
hey congrats on that new little one! he is a keeper! hope all is well!
hey it's just me again. i just went private so if you would like me to add you to my list just email me. i hope to hear from you soon. take care
Congrats on your new little guy!!! We love the name and he is so cute!!! We wish you all the best!
Congrats! I've been a little behind on looking at everyone's blog... I'm glad everything went well.
Yay he's so beautiful!! You look so great in your pics Kylee! Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment