CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

What do YOU think?

So... lance and I got our table and chairs shortly after we were married, used it for 2 years before we moved to Florida and then we put it in the attic at my mom's until we got back.  It still looked as good as new when we left it and when we pulled it out after 4 years away it was still in tip-top shape.  Well...not anymore!  We haven't even being using it for 2 full years yet and my kids have already trashed it!  Sheesh...anyway, I have been wanting to re-upholster the cushions for awhile now and finally got everything together to do it.  I LOVE HOW IT TURNED OUT!  Lance on the other hand...well to start here is the before picture of one of the chairs:
 stained and looking pretty nasty right?
And the after:
Isn't it fun?!  I love the fabric and yes, that is plastic over the fabric.  Hey, don't judge me.  They will be 100 times easier to keep clean and looking nice with that plastic on.  Lance says they look grandma-y.  He's not a fan of my fabric and laughs at the plastic.  After he got home from work and saw them, he said, and I quote "what's next?  plastic on the couches?"  Hey, if you ask me that doesn't sound like that bad of an idea!  Maybe they were onto something back in the day.  At least their furniture stayed in nice condition and didn't look like my before picture!  How does that happen?  Oh ya, KIDS! Anyway, I love them (my kids and my chairs); love the fabric, love that I will be able to easily keep them clean, and love the way they look.  So am I totally off my rocker with this or are you on my side?  Be honest.

12 comments:

Gale Family

Super CUTE! Guys don't know anything....don't listen to Lance. Need to call you..its been awhile. Nothing really new, just want to chat with ya.

Julie Nielsen

I think they look great! I'm not going to judge you on the plastic. It just makes too much sense!

Unknown

oooh, I love, love, LOVE them! And I'd say Lance has nothing to complain about, considering the befores!? :) But I love the fabric, and love the plastic...how else would you keep those kitchen chairs clean!? Lance will be looking at those chairs for a very long time, because they are never gonna wear out! :)

B. Surfer

Agree with all the above... plastic makes sense. Besides, it's not like you can really tell. Just tell everyone it's "oiled cloth" if it really bothers you.

Mike and Lisa

Ditto on everyone else's comments. Cute and smart. Mike is the same way though. I bought a wedding present the other day that I thought was really cute (it was a colander shaped like a fish) and Mike thought it was ugly. I gave it to the couple anyways. So...sometimes you just have to go with your gut and do it anyways!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family

Definitely on your side. I have done stuff like that before (aka painting) and if Tom doesn't exactly love the finished product he says, "As long as you like it, that is all that matters." Funny. I love what you did though, fabric choice, plastic and all!

Tilleea

They are gorgeous!

I personally don't like plastic (yours look great though), but I also don't mind re-upolstering them every year or so since it's a snap to do. It's like getting new furniture EVERY YEAR!

Tiffany Fackrell

I think they are gorgeous and smart all around. He will appreciate it when you make him clean up after the kids!!! I love the fabric and I know you aren't the only household with cute chairs covered in plastic!!! SO I AM TOTALLY ON YOUR SIDE!!

Stephanie Black

Cute chairs! You have a brand new set now! I think the fabric looks awesome! Great choice!

the Kohler's

Yep, Scott would totally think they came right out of the grandma magazine. I love them!!!!!! You are so talented Kylee.

Holly

Looks like I'm not the first to say this but I love them!

Jeni

I think they look fabulous! Plastic is great when you have kids.