1. Great friends
2. Beautiful winter weather 3. Being able to go swimming or to the beach almost any day of the year

4. Bunko
5.Having just about any and every store I could ever possibly want to go to within a 15 mile radius.
6. Sawgrass Mills Mall
7. Super Target
8. Having Costco 2 blocks from our house
9. Great shopping in general!
10. Soft sand beaches and 80 degree ocean water

11. Palm trees
12. Green landscaped streets
13. Living on a quiet golf course

14. The gorgeous view we had from our front and back door
15. South Florida rainstorms (when I didn't have to go outside in it of course)
(this picture was taken right after a typical rainstorm. Notice the pools of water all over the golf course)
16. Being students
17. Park day, swim day, and library day

18. The free Nova shuttle bus and trolly (Brynlee absolutly LOVED to ride on them)
19. The big fish tank at the Rec Plex with Nemo and all his friends :)
20. Disney World

21. Did I mention great friends?

22. Book Club
23. Yummy restaurants GALORE!! (My personal favorites were Panera Bread and Olive Garden)
24. Waterways
25. Alligators, lizards, iguanas (for viewing pleasure only of course)

26. Packed pool BBQ's
27. Green everywhere
28. My wonderful and talented hairdresser
29. Boston's cute blond curls (his hair was so cute and curly in the humid Florida air and now they are all gone unless his hair is wet and I put a little gel in it *sniff, sniff* But he is still as cute as can be :) !!)

30. Being able to wear flip flops all year round
31. Girls night out

32. Chatting for hours in the car AFTER girls night out :)
33. Late night card making with Angie and Jen
34. Being able to take walks and play outside in the beautiful weather 9 months out of the year. The rest of the year you swim :)
35. Being only minutes away from an airport, the port (not that we ever took advantage of it and went on a cruise...), and the Ft. Lauderdale Performing Arts Center (WICKED was AWESOME!!)



12 comments:
Ok, now I never want to move. I still live here and you made me miss it.
Lance,
I think I am the first male to ever post on a blog. I promise I am not gay. Send me an email (vasasjh@ldsces.org).
John Vasas
You made me miss Florida and I have never lived there. I totally agree with the flip flop weather. I love flip flops and hate the cold months. Hope things are going well for you guys.
AMEN!
I am trying to think of a way to send you some fresh, yummy Panera Bread, but I guess it just wouldn't be quite the same. I think you miss Floriday more when you actually leave. But I KNOW I will miss the nice weather!
I know how you feel and I never lived in Florida, just stinky old Roosevelt. I really miss my friends and teaching second grade. Hurry up and get to Evanston and we can hang out.
Kylee...you summed it up for me. Those are all the things I miss about Florida. I wish at times we were back there. Hope all is well with you guys.
Wow, I'm sad to leave - I seriously have never felt so excited about something and dreaded it so much at the same time. Hope you guys are doing good. Stay warm!
Wow!! I'm beginning to miss Florida, and I've never even been there!!:) Hey, I can help ya with the Bunko. I don't know how long you guys are going to be around, but we are short on our Bunko group. I am hosting this month. It was supposed to be this Thursday, the 5th, but because of the enrichment night, we're going to have it next Thursday, 6-8 at my house. You're welcome to come. I'll call ya.
I just realized that my opening line is exactly what Katie wrote--maybe I should read the other comments before I comment!!:)
Wow! I'm so glad somebody feels exactly the same way that I do. I never thought I'd really miss it. We were so anxious to get back to the mountains and family, but now I (not Tyson) REALLY miss it, mostly the friends and shopping! :)
You don't know what you have until it's gone....at least I didn't. I didn't think I would miss FL that much until winter hit here in UT. I REALLY miss all the girls night out times I had. People here are not the same, they are not as willing to get together. I totally miss the wearing of the flip flops all year round too! Dang those thousands of layers we have to put on six people before we leave the house.
thank goodness for blogs to keep in touch eh?
Post a Comment